Variable Speed Rotary Screw Compressors
VSD (variable speed drive) compressors will adjust the speed of the motor to meet the air demand of your production while maintaining a constant air pressure. Variable speed machines can run on 100% flow or can also fluctuate to less flow to conserve energy. The machine will align with current air demand.
Fixed Speed Rotary Screw Compressor
Fixed speed compressors are either off or running full throttle. There are ideal applications where there is a need for constant compressed air 24/7. The compressor will run at a constant RPM unless turned off. The inlet valve will flutter based on when air is needed or not needed instead of ramping the engine up and down.
Let's Make it Simple:
Variable Speed Benefits
- Reduced energy consumption (in the proper application)
- Quieter than a fixed speed when RPM is running lower
- Consistent plant pressure
- Increased lifetime of components
- Low inrush current when motor starts
- May qualify for energy incentives
Fixed Speed Benefits
- Lower capital cost
- Increased parts availability
- Lower maintenance and repair costs
- Most efficient in applications with a consistent demand
For any questions in regards to compressors and which one would work best for your industry, please contact us.